Monday, August 24, 2009

Beloved Substance

Beloved Substance
by David Ello


A cup of Chai for people to drink, that they may get a taste of goodness…that is what I would be.

A cup of Chai whose divine qualities speak boastfully of the being that created it…that is what I would be.

A cup of Chai that communicates what vitality there is to be had in this life…that is what I would be.

A cup of Chai made with rich love and skill, and not the counterfeit that is produced at certain other coffee bars…that is what I would be.

A cup of Chai: a tea latte with honey, milk, sugar, ginger,

cinnamon, and an array of other spices…that is what I would be.

I am not a cup of Chai, for though I am Chai, this vessel is only

half-full.

May the one whose creativity has been poured into this beloved beverage, pour forever more, that I may become a full cup of Chai,

complete in every aspect of my essence, as I was created to be.

No comments: